Colleagues,
I have recently read the controversial paper by Daryl Bem on his
meta-analytic strategy to confirm a reliable psi- effect.  It can be
found at:

http://www.psych.cornell.edu/dbem/online_pubs.html

This seems to me to constitute what we would call a replicable
effect.  Yes, there are some (pretty complicated) alternative
explanations.  Ths brings me to my next question.  Would this
constitute a winner of the James Randi Challenge (See link below)?

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge/index.html

Bem does not claim the effect will occur in any single experimental
trial, but that it will occur often enough to produce a significant
meta-analytic effect.

Any ideas?  Has this been done?

-Chuck
- Chuck Huff; 507.646.3169; http://www.stolaf.edu/people/huff/
- Psychology Department, St.Olaf College, Northfield, MN 55057