I've appreciated all the great responses to Mike's questions since I, too, am
struggling with a similar distribution in a large introductory class. Most of
the students are new freshmen with poor study skills, so I've really tried to
work on those since day 1. Nevertheless about 70 of the class of 210 got D's
and F's. Anyone have particular suggestions workable in a large class? I tried
written test corrections but felt guilty that I couldn't meticulously correct
their corrections (some still hadn't gotten it right).
                                                      Linda Walsh
One other small suggestion when you are considering [EMAIL PROTECTED]
routinely take a special look at those questions missed by more than hal