Here's the summary of responses to my request for information about books
for an undergraduate course in statistics:

Text's by Aron & Aron were mentioned the most (3 mentions). But, they
actually have two textbooks out: _Statistics for Psychology_ (1999) and
_Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences_ (1997), both by Prentice
Hall. Responses were generally that it was a good choice to use and aimed
at the appropriate level for undergrads. SPSS is integrated into the
workbook, but not the text.

Running a close second, was Gravetter & Wallnau (2 mentions). I believe the
book is put out by West Publishing. This is actually the text others in the
department are using for the course (and the one I used when taking my
undergrad stats course!) SPSS info is through a supplement to the text.

Finally, _Basic Statistics for Behavioral Science Research_ by Harris was
mentioned by 1 person. Another text aimed at the appropriate level.

There were two other texts mentioned, but without much additional
information provided. I've put in requests for several exam copies of these
and other texts. A big thank you to all who responded!

- Marc

G. Marc Turner, MEd
Lecturer & Head of Computer Operations
Department of Psychology