From: Bill McCown, Ph.D. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 12:27 PM
To: Michael Sylvester; TIPS
Subject: Re: Millennium Schizophrenic symptoms

No kidding, I did see and adolescent schizophrenic who believed that
Pokemons were part of a conspiracy of some sort. While I think that is true,
I think we were on different wave lengths about that one.

I also saw, and I am serious, a paranoid schizophrenic woman during the 70s
who believed that smiling faces (you know, the kind that Wal Mart has
recently revived) were a signal to her.

While none of these  are quite what you mean, Michael, they do capture some
of the flavor of cultural factors relevant to psychosis.