I'd go with openness and skepticism. I teach my students about the
scientific attitudes of curiosity, skepticism, and humility. They understand
the first two, but I have to explain the last one to them. We scientists
have to be willing to submit our theories to systematic inquiry and be
proven wrong! (When I had a discussion about this with a friend, she told me
that as a faithful believer in a particular set of religious beliefs, she is
absolutely sure she is right and is unwilling to open herself to up to the
possibility that she is wrong, so therefore she must not be able to think
like a scientist. Hmmm.)

*****
Nathalie Coté
Assistant Professor of Psychology