On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Stephen Black went:

> I'm afraid that the closest I have is the following, which really
> isn't close at all, but I love citing it.
>
> Lenington, S. (1979). Effect of holy water on the growth of
>   radish plants. Psychological Reports, 45, 381-382
>
> ...and I refuse to tell you what she found.

Stephen always makes _me_ do all the work! :)

    Abstract
        The mean growth of 12 radish seeds in peat pots watered with
        holy water was not significantly different from that of 12
        watered with tap water. Limitations on data are listed. (8 ref)

One limitation seems obvious to me.  Considering how many vessels of
water have been blessed since the inception of Christianity, it's
likely that all tap water contains traces of holy water, which would
impart grace homeopathically via the memory of holiness.  Thus,
adequately unholy control water may not be obtainable from any
terrestrial source.

--David Epstein