Hi Nancy,

I haven't read them yet, but two articles relevant to "stereotype threat"
appeared
in the most recent issue of Psychological Science:

Inzlicht, M., & Ben-Zeev, T. (2000). A threatening intellectual
environment: Why
females are susceptible to experiencing problem-solving deficits in the
presence
of males. PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE, 11, 365-371.

Cheryan, S., & Bodenhausen, G. V. (2000). When positive stereotypes threaten
intellectual performance: The psychological hazards of "model minority" status.
PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE, 11, 399-402.

-Mike

At 07:26 AM 10/25/00 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hello folks:
>
>Can someone go over the telencephalon/diencephalon divisions and major
>structures for me?  I would like to rid my brain and nervous system lecture
>of the archaic "midbrain/forebrain" jargon as soon as possible.
>
>Also, is anyone aware of any replications and/or criticisms of the
>"stereotype threat" studies done by Claude Steele (the studies where if you
>have a black and a white person, or a white and an Asian, or a male and a
>female take a test together under certain circumstances, the performance of
>the person who is perceived as less able will actually be worse, regardless
>of the reality of their ability level?)
>
>Thanks for your patient help. I hope everyone is doing well.
>
>Nancy Melucci
>Los Angeles Harbor College

Michael J. Kane
Department of Psychology
P.O. Box 26164
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6164
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 336-256-1022
fax: 336-334-5066