Michael Sylvester wrote:

> Now we can add AQ to the lists of assessment devices such as IQ and EQ.
> According to the author (Schoff?) AQ is one's ability to deal with
> adversity. There are different coping strategies in dealing with
> adversity,such as quitting,climbing and some others I do not remember.
> He gave the example of making copies from the copy machine,when all
> of a sudden something goes wrong. Some people may try to fix the problem
> such as unjamming(climbers) or give up (quitters).
> How do you react when encountering problems with the copy machine?
> And are there gender differences?
> Do women profs react differently than men profs when encountering copier
> problems?
> According to the author,AQ has its foundation in Psychoneuroimmunology and
> Cognitive Psychology.
> It seems to be an idea which is more functional than EQ.

    Is there any literature on the reliability & validity of AQ? Does it
overlap with IQ? Given the massive amounts of literature that show
correlations between IQ (especially g) and success in everyday life, I wonder
if there is enough evidence to treat it as a separate construct with its own
acronym.

John W. Kulig                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology             http://oz.plymouth.edu/~kulig
Plymouth State College               tel: (603) 535-2468
Plymouth NH USA 03264                fax: (603) 535-2412
"What a man often sees he does not wonder at, although he knows
not why it happens; if something occurs which he has not seen before,
he thinks it is a marvel" - Cicero.