Bertrand Russell, the English philosopher, mathematician, writer, and
winner of the 1950 Nobel Prize for Literature, has written the following
about behaviorists and behavior modification:

        "The Sentimentalist will say that if you really cared about the
sufferings of others,
                        you wouldn't be so cold and scientific about them.
          The Sentimentalist will claim to have a tenderer heart than yours
                        and will show it by letting the suffering continue."

If nothing else, he admires the behaviorists.

--
Thom

Thomas G. Brown, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Distinguished Professor of the College

Utica College of Syracuse University
1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, New York, 13502-4892
Voice: 315/792-3187          Fax: 315/792-3187