This doesn't sound that surprising to me.  Because of the Education Privacy
Act schools need to be a little paranoid.  If they are allowing you and your
student access to other students' private educational records it seems that
they would have every right to protect themselves by requiring such approval
to publish.  They need to make certain that you aren't revealing information
which could leave the school open to litigation.  You should talk to the
registrar and make sure this is their rationale.  If it was something else
(e.g., they wouldn't want the world to know how low their standards really
are, or their true graduation rates, etc., ) THEN you can get annoyed.  But
this could be an innocent, good faith provision to protect the university.
Ed
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D., Department of Psychology,
West Chester Univ. of PA, West Chester, PA 19383
Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist, herpetoculturist and
bluegrass fiddler