Well, Louis, jokes about the likely age of inhabitants of Florida aside,
the voting age is 18 (college age). And we both know that we have more and
more older individuals back in school, as well. I'm not sure the
populations are that different. If we argue differences, we could also
suggest that college students are overall a bit intellectually superior to
the average individual (if not necessarily wiser or more experienced).
David

At 07:21 AM 11/11/00 -0500, Louis_Schmier wrote:

>Well, Dave, regarding Palm Beach, I think you're comparing apples and
>oranges.  I guess this would be a magnificant case study in human behavior
>that we could use in both our psych and history classes.  I am supposedly
>talking about hoards of experienced adults exercising authority and
>rights--not inexperienced, powerless, teenage adults-in-training subject
>to authority-- now admitting to some significant faults, be it easily
>confused or fear of looking stupid or.....
>

>Make it a good day.
>
>                                                        --Louis--
>

>Louis Schmier                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Department of History             www.therandomthoughts.com
>Valdosta State University         www.halcyon.com/arborhts/louis.html
>Valdosta, GA  31698                           /~\        /\ /\
>912-333-5947                       /^\      /     \    /  /~\  \   /~\__/\
>                                  /     \__/         \/  /  /\ /~\/         \
>                           /\/\-/ /^\_____\____________/__/_______/^\
>                         -_~    /  "If you want to climb mountains,   \ /^\
>                          _ _ /      don't practice on mole hills" -    \____

David T. Wasieleski, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology and Counseling
Valdosta State University
229-333-5620
http://chiron.valdosta.edu/dtwasieleski

"Before you judge me take a look at you
Can't you find something better to do
Point the finger, slow to understand
Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand..."
                --Metallica
                "Holier Than Thou"