> Django Reinhardt was a guitarist.  Grappelli was the (premier jazz)
> violinist with whom he often played.  Their classic, Piece "A Minor Swing"
> is heavily Gypsy-influenced.  I believe that Grappelli was French.

FWIW, there was a wonderful documentary on the Roma on the History Channel a
few months back. It's called "In Search of History: Curse on the Gypsies."
See
http://store.aetv.com/cgi-bin/ae.storefront/0/Ext/OutsideFrame/UT/32/Product
/42227

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D., Department of Psychology,
West Chester Univ. of PA, West Chester, PA 19383
Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist, herpetoculturist and
bluegrass fiddler