At 6:25 PM +0000 11/29/00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>One of the colleges that I teach at is requiring that all course grades be
>entered in a computer.
>No course grade sheets will be sent to the instructors.Teachers were given
>training as to how to do this.
>Any reservations about this method. ?
>They insist that it will remain confidential,but with hackers everywhere
>these days,I am begining to wonder?

Most grades end up in a computer data bank these days anyway -- that's
where the vulnerability would be.
Do the grade forms include the students' names and SS numbers, or just an
arbitrary ID?

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *