In the thirty years of teaching psychology I have only met one student who
claimed they could move objects.
She reported the ability to decoher space, time and bend it.  Unfortunately, the
student reports they lost the ability after a car accident.  She now is a
physics major hoping to understand her lost ability.  Her philosophy is that
anything a mind can do a machine can do more reliably and better.  One woman's
magic is another woman's technology.

I personally have never seen any psychokinesis ability that I thought might
suggest a reality for this phenomenon.  I may have done this in a computer
program test on  ESP because I predicted the outcome correctly 12 times in a row
(25% chance per choice).  I thought the program was written to show the student
that ESP was stupid and that I was being tricked.  Unfortunately, it was not,
and I violated statistical probability.  I could never do it again.

I have had students who said they could read minds (always a significant other
not a stranger).  No reasonable confirmation of said ability was ever observed
by me when a simple demonstration was requested.  I was better at it than they
were and I do not read minds.  If you don't believe me ask my wife.

In spite of this general observation, I have observed events with my wife that
raises the possibilities of unusual connections.  She seems to know the feelings
of her children.  She seems to be connected to some of their experiences and
dreams.   She has a habit of knowing things before they happen.  Sometimes she
communicates this, thinking it was in the past, such as showing concern about
the snow crushing the porch of a coworker before it happened.   The coworker
goes home and discovers it becomes true 8 hours later.  Sometimes people are
switched.  For example the prediction that the car breaks went out and she hits
a stop sign near our house.  It turns out to be me, 6 months latter, but she was
in the car.  I did have the strong feeling she did cause it, but kept my mouth
shut.  She is very sensitive.   All this is random ability with no logic, reason
or control.

Recent theoretical developments in quantum mechanics suggest these abilities
would be normal and common in everyone.

In quantum mechanics the observer can create the observed or expected.
Strangely sometimes the future can be changed to avoid an error remember in a
precognitive dream.  In the past ESP was consider normal, and seen frequently.
The true goal of science is to see truth not create it by expectation.

Ron Blue
http://turn.to/ai