FWIW, I find that once you're over about 20-25 students in a course you're
talking about a more or less straight lecture class.  If that's the case, I
don't see much difference between a class of 35 and one of 100.  A lot
depends on the physical set up.  Some rooms are conducive to 100 students.
But if you have 100 students scattered in a 400 seat lecture hall I think
you lose something.

The real question is "what does your administration want vis a vis writing?"
If they don't mind all mult. choice exams, then there's no reason you
shouldn't raise your maxes from 35 to 100.  But if they expect you to
include essay questions or have your students do writing assignments, I
would think that 20-25 would be ideal and 35 an absolute max.

Just me 2 cents.
Ed
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D., Department of Psychology,
West Chester Univ. of PA, West Chester, PA 19383
Office: 610-436-3151; Home: 610-363-1939; Fax: 610-436-2846;
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-9 and 11-12 and
Mondays and Wednesdays 12-1 and by appointment,
Husband, father, grandfather, biopsychologist, herpetoculturist and
bluegrass fiddler