From:   David Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 23, 2001 6:07 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Good human factors texts?

    After several years of teaching other topics, I am preparing to
teach human factors again.  In the past, I have used the Sanders &
McCormick text and workbook with great success.  Unfortunately, that
text is getting old (1993).  The newer texts (Proctor & Van Zandt,
Wickens & Hollands) appear less interesting to read (at least for our
 undergraduates) and lack the handy workbook for homework and
class projects.
    If any of the TIPS readers have experience with this course, I would

appreciate your take on the available texts.  I'm seriously thinking of
letting this course go due to the lack of good text materials for
undergraduate psychology students.

    David Campbell
    Humboldt State University