Jeff Ricker wrote:

> And does anyone know if similar kinds of studies have been done by
> anyone else (and more recently than 1977)?

I've been lurking for awhile and learning a lot from many of the posts -
thought I would finally jump into the pool. Anyway, I remembered seeing an
article in Teaching of Psychology just a while back and was able to located
the reference:

VanderStoep, S. W., Fagerlin, A., & Feenstra, J. S. (2000). What do students
remember from introductory psychology. Teaching of Psychology, 27, 89-92.

The article contains the reference from Ellis and Rickard that was
mentioned:

Ellis, N. R., & Rickard, H. C. (1977). Evaluating the teaching of
introductory psychology. Teaching of Psychology, 4, 128-132.

Marjorie Carroll, Ph.D.
United States Military Academy
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership
West Point, NY 10096