At one commencement, the oldest living alumnus of the University of
Vermont was asked what he thought had changed most about the University
since he was a student.  His response was, "When I was student,
Psychology was just 2 or 3 courses in the Philosophy Department.  Now,
they have their own building".  As a branch of Philosophy, we
essentially began as experimental epistemologists with Wundt.  Over the
20th Century, Psychology expanded to include all sorts of stuff.

Mike Williams