At 11:26 AM -0500 2/28/01, Robin Pearce wrote:
>TIPSters--
>
>I'm not sure if this post constitutes mere fanning of the flames, or an
>attempt to drag the religion conversation back to some relevance, but
>there is an interesting lead article on www.salon.com (today only; if you
>look tomorrow you'll need to go to the archives) on "intelligent design
>theory," the latest attempt to critique and replace Darwinian evolution in
>the schools.
>
>Apparently, creationism is evolving via natural selection. (I cannot claim
>that joke as my own; I heard it at Adrian Melott's lecture at the American
>Association for the Advancement of Science last week. For more on Adrian,
>click here: http://kusmos.phsx.ukans.edu/~melott/Melott.html.)

Ah, but that's MICROevolution, not MACROevolution.
Short time scale; same species.

Actually, of course, evolutionary biologists defioone micro/macro evolution
analogously to micro and macro economics.  Within vs between species has
nothing to do with it.

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *