-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Black [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:03 AM
To: TIPS
Subject: Another religious message

It's a provocative essay, with provocative quotes, and, as is her
style, sprinkled with interesting data. For example, while 40% of
individuals listed in American Men and Women of Science profess a
belief in a "personal God", only 7% of those admitted to the more
exalted National Academy of Sciences do. But more than 99% of
those in US Federal prisons are believers.

I wouldn't dare comment on what those figures mean. I cite them
only to encourage you to dig this thoughtful article up,
especially those in the throes of our current discussion of the
topic.
These results are certainly thought-provoking but, ironically, they
generally confirm Paul's observations in I Corinthians 1:19-31. I won't bore
you with the details. I cite it only to encourage you to dig it up (it is
available to all at http://bible.gospelcom.net).