Since my previous suggestion for a face perception site evoked
such excitement, I'll try again with another, from a list where
this is being discussed. The site one allows you to watch as a
face morphs from male to female, and to let you judge exactly
when you think the switch occurs. You can either just admire the
phenomenon or take part in an experiment on it. It took me about
4-5 minutes to load the faces so if you have a slow modem, be
patient. Once they're loaded you can control the morphing by
controls, either one step at a time, or continuously. An
interesting question is whether the switch from male to female
takes place gradually, or if it's an all-or-none effect
(categorical perception)

It's at: http://www-psych.nmsu.edu/~vic/faceprints/

BTW, Bob Keefer wrote to tell me that the url I gave for the
North American Journal of Psychology no longer works. He's right.
It worked a day earlier, I'm sure of that. The problem can't be
that the site is down, because rather than producing the dreaded
"not found" page, you get a page that offer a web site service.
I've heard of journals ceasing publication before, but this seems
a tad hasty. Anyone know what's going on?

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/