Jim Guinee wrote:
> When my wife graduated from the University of Illinois, they
> had Marian Wright Edelman speak.

        Whew...I was starting to think that the only graduation speakers
anyone could think of were Click and Clack.

        I saw Joyce Carol Oates speak at a friend's graduation at UWMadison,
and I'd say that quality of writer in general would be high on my list. Of
course I'd also like to see James Randi or Daniel Dennett, but that might be
a bit too specialized. Others high on my "off the top of my head" list would
be

Lawrence Walsh (special prosecutor in the Iran-Contra case)
George Mitchell (former US Senator, baseball negotiator, current Mideast
Peace Process negotiator)
Roger McGuinn (attempts to change the way that musicians are compensated for
their recorded work)
Stephen Jay Gould or Richard Dawkins
any of the original seven astronauts, or anyone who walked on the moon
(though I understand a little screening of new-age stuff might be
necessary), or Gene Krantz
I'll bet that Jeff Bezos has something interesting to talk about these days,
if he can avoid legal complications...
Arthur Clarke (who I'll bet is in demand this year)
Brigitte Bardot (major career change late in life...)
Kirby Puckett (great baseball career cut short by glaucoma)
Tim Hoeksema (sp?), CEO of Midwest Express Airlines
Scott "Dilbert" Adams (okay, that one's pretty obvious)
Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig
Hank Aaron
Bob Costas
Burt Rutan