Hi Stephen,

Just going to the NOFEAR website should not have triggered membership on
their discussion list.  I have my computer set to warn me if a site asks
for cookies while visiting and their site does not set a cookie.  I've
also never been subscribed to any of their mailings although I have
visited their site on several occasions to keep up to date with their
activities.  This has been in part in response to the increase in NOFEAR
advertising on college campuses.  Thus, I think folks need to be aware
of its existence and policies.  As it is one of David Duke's
organizations, it should come as not suprise that it is essentially a
white supremist group.  One of the local NOFEAR leaders in St. Louis
(who recently ran for governer and now you know why we vote for dead
people) includes as some of their policies:

Stop enforcing the assault weapons ban under current gun laws.

Only taxpaying men should be able to vote or hold office.

Segregate prisons. White men should not face rape by black men.

Abolish ex-wife support and divorce property settlements.

Enforce tough anti-abortion laws such as a 1991 Louisiana law thrown out
by the courts.

Halt all immigration.

End of discrimination against white people in the United States.

Of course, if you look at their web site, you will find that NOFEAR is
grounded in and recruits based on fear.

Linda

Stephen Black wrote:

> Now I don't want to assign blame, and correlation isn't
> causation, but shortly after I was poking around on some of the
> evolution/anti-evolution sites resulting from Rick Froman's url,
> I suddenly found myself subscribed to _this_ newsletter.
> I gather this one is unlike TIPS, and that the Duke mentioned
> isn't the one in Doonesbury.
>
> I've complained about my unwanted subscription to my local abuse
> service but I'm afraid I may have to do something more to get rid
> of it. In the meantime, anyone else have a similar experience?
> It's certainly curious, as I'm surfing from home, and my provider
> and e-mail address here have no connection to my school e-mail
> address on which this subscription arrived (I telnet to it).
> How'd they do that?
>
> -Stephen

> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:13:46 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Welcome to DukeCampaign
>
> --
>
> Thank you for subscribing to the breaking news service for the
> National Organization for European American Rights. This service
> will help keep you informed about David Duke's efforts to protect
> the civil rights and heritage of people of European descent
> around the world.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with UNSUBSCRIBE in the message
> body (not the subject), or go to
> <http://lists.davidduke.com:81/guest/RemoteListSummary/DukeCampaign>.

> Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
> Department of Psychology                  fax: (819) 822-9661
> Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Lennoxville, QC
> J1M 1Z7
> Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
>            Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
>            http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/

Linda M. Woolf, Ph.D.
Book Review Editor, H-Genocide
Associate Professor - Psychology
Coordinator - Holocaust & Genocide Studies,
Center for the Study of the Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Rights
Webster University
470 East Lockwood
St. Louis, MO  63119

Main Webpage:  http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm/