...seems to me the BEST competition is against other authors who are trying to
get their papers published in the professional journals. If it really is a good paper,
have the student submit it for publication to a high visibility journal.

More directly to the point of your question, however, you might want to look into
regional or state psychological associations or broader groups (e.g., here we have
the North Carolina Academy of Sciences). Around here at least, those groups
sponsor student presentation competitions. (One of my students won the prize for
"best student presentation" at the NC Psych Assoc. meeting several years ago,
for example, with a $100 honorarium attached.)

Pat Cabe

> Does anyone know of any undergraduate paper competitions OTHER than
> the ones that require Psi Chi membership (e.g., Allyn & Bacon;
> Guilford)? I've had students submit to those in the past, but this
> year I have a student who wrote an excellent manuscript but who just
> missed the GPA cutoff for Psi chi.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Traci
> --
>

>                 \\|||//
>                 ( o o )
> -------------o00-(_)-00o------------------
>
> Traci A. Giuliano
> Associate Professor of Psychology
> Southwestern University
> Georgetown, TX  78627
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (512) 863-1596;fax (512) 863-1846
>   http://www.southwestern.edu/~giuliant

Patrick Cabe, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Pembroke, NC 28372-1510

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

910-521-6630 - Voice/voice-mail
910-521-6240 - Department