Richard Pisacreta wrote:

> I can relate to Harry's frustrations (see below)
> My favorite is the student that I haven't seen since the
> second week of the semester who comes in 48 hours before grades are due,
and asks for an
> incomplete.

        You're lucky. Mine come in 24 hours AFTER grades are due... I had to
defend myself in the dean's office against a student who failed for doing
her research project despite never getting HSRB permission, never developing
a dependent measure, and not turning in a completed project until the day
after I had to turn in progress codes. Fortunately we have excellent
administrators - and we'd just won a national award for that program
(teacher education) - so the notion of passing her along never came up.

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee