> Gerald Peterson
I have noticed at various times that students having the most difficulty in
class also have trouble locating material in the text and understanding
questions.

Good timing.  I just had a conference with a student who couldn't believe
that she got a particular question wrong.  To make a long story short, she
had studied for a specific question: "What is the most common type of
parental care in a)birds, b)mammals & c)fishes?"

But what I asked was "When you see uniparental care in fish, it's usually
the male.  In birds and mammals it's usually the female.  Why?"

She was damned and determined to answer the question she expected me to ask
whether I asked it or not.  Too bad, because the fact is that if you could
answer the first question you could almost certainly answer the second one.

Ed
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D., Department of Psychology.  Husband, father,
grandfather, biopsychologist, herpetoculturist and bluegrass fiddler.... not
necessarily in order of importance.