At 4:58 PM -0700 4/9/01, Weisskirch, Rob wrote:
>TIPSurvivors,
>
>Yes, lower income, uneducated folk buy lottery tickets.  But, I buy them
>when I know I have a day full of meetings.  I make an extra effort to buy
>one when I know I have those events I have to make an appearance at.  This
>way, as the meeting drones on, I can fantasize about what I would do with my
>lottery winnings.  Very effective coping technique!

Why not just _fantasize_ that you bought the lottery ticket? ;-)

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *