From: Melvyn King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 9:49 AM
To: Dennis Goff
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: The I-C grade connection

Dennis Goff wrote:

> The W question is a little more interesting for me. We have a W policy
that
> is similar to SIUE in that students may withdraw from a course until very
> late in a semester. However, that W stays on the transcript even when the
> student takes the course a second time. If a student chooses to withdraw
> from a course after that date the transcript records the grade as an F. I
am
> comfortable with this policy because the withdrawal becomes a part of the
> transcript.

Don't you think that NOT leaving it on the transcript deceives the
subsequent
reviewer of that transcript (graduate school, etc.)?

We have a policy that allows students to repeat courses that they have
passed
and have the second
grade put on their transcript. The first stays but is not used in
calculating
the GAP. I
am uncomfortable with that.

--