Title: Re: powerpoint
Unless the media you incorporate illustrate something that you absolutely could not illustrate without them, DO NOT use them.  Clip are is cute (maybe), but unless it is relevant or provides an important relief then it will detract from the point.

PowerPoint is one of the most dangerous educational tools we have. It can turn a perfectly good lecture into technicolor mayhem.  I personally use an absolute minimum of strange stuff and I never use transitions or text animation. My (natural) science and engineering students expressed a definite dislike of them.

Paul