Thanks to a recent article by Martin G. Todman and Philip J.
Benson in Current Opinion in Neurobiology, 2001, 11:4:405-406,
it give me much joy to draw your attention to two great
sites on the web:

http://www.hhmi.org/senses/

"As an online example of informative web based science education,
this page is hard to beat. Part of the Howard Hughes Medical
Institute pages, this report 'Seeing, Hearing and Smelling the
World' explores the biology of our senses. Its broad scope and
excellent presentation makes this report and others like it
accessible and interesting to all."

My comment: an elementary presentation, but excellent, no
contest.

http://www.med.uwo.ca/physiology/courses/sensesweb/

"Neat tutorial pages from Tutis Vilis, University of Western
Ontario uses Flash animation to great effect in an excellent
tour of sensory physiology."

My comment: "Neat" fails to do it justice.  This one is
remarkable. It's an advanced, animated, interactive review of
sensory physiology, especially vision. It's amazing what you can
get for free on the web these days.

-Stephen
Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/