From: Tom Allaway [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 8:06 AM
To: TIPS
Subject: Help Needed: Reference?

    In the dusty recesses of my grey matter I (think I) recall a
"Rosenthal Effect" study done with rats:  psych students were led to
believe that the rats they were training (in mazes) were descendants of
Tryon's "maze-bright" or "maze-dull" strains, and the animals, of
course, performed accordingly.

    Can anyone guide me to the reference?