OK.  If nobody else will say it, I will.  I recognize, of course, that
by doing so I will probably damage my reputation for tactfulness,
diplomatic acumen, and calm, reasoned thought.

Have you talked to the FBI in the past few days, Michael?  Considering
your expressed views over the years, your location, your connection with
the aviation training industry, etc., I should think they would wish to
have a little talk with you.  Since I really cannot bring myself to
believe that you would be involved in such an act, I would suggest that
it might be a good idea for you to initiate contact rather than wait for
them to do so.

As soon as the news reports about the suspects receiving flight training
in Florida were broadcast, Michael Sylvester was the very first name
that entered my consciousness.  That is particularly amazing when you
consider how much trouble I have with names.  When the Flight Instructor
who did the simulator training was being interviewed, I was on the edge
of my recliner, watching for the name Michael Sylvester to appear below
his picture.

--

Sometimes you just have to try something, and see what happens.

John W. Nichols, M.A.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Tulsa Community College
909 S. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK  74119