J.D Salinger has passed away at the age of 91 and his book was like a rite of
passage for all teens.I recalled reading it in an undergraduate
course at Gannon University a few months after I had exited the novitiate at
the Abbey of Gethsemani where  Thomas Merton was my novice master and where Dan
and Phil Berrigan
became instrunental in securing a scholarship
for me to Gannon.I found some degree of commonality between JD and Thomas
Merton.They were both into Zen and silence was like gold to both of those dudes.
Salinger's work has elements of both semantic and episodic memories.Would like
to hear what other tipsters have to say of the Catcher and his other works.I
have not seen Salinger's as recommended  extra reading for any courses
in  psychology course.Could he be relevant for Adolescence Psychology ,Marriage
and the Glass familiy,and Death and dying (Franny and Zooey)?

Btw,what is it about New Hampshire that attracts certain remarkable figures like
John Kulig,Beth Benoit,David Souter,and JD
Salinger?

JD,gone but not forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.Et lux perpetua luceat eum.

Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=110
or send a blank email to