Knowing Michael Britt only from his posts on TIPS, I don't know if he is aware
of the fad of Twitter flaming that has gone on at recent conferences where the
purpose has been only to criticize and make fun of the speakers. This seems to
be the context Mike Palij is assuming here. From Michael Britt's other work
including his podcasts, I am certain that is not his intention. He seems
interested only in sharing the excitement of being at the conference and
learning new things with his Twitter followers (and others using the assigned
hashtag). Whereas recording something at a conference might require prior
permission, I don't see how sending tweets from the conference could ever
require permission. Isn't the whole point of a conference presentation to make
your research public? A conference isn't a cabal. Even if everyone was required
to put away their cellphones during the presentation (which seems a little
"high school" for a professional conference), Michael could easily take notes
and then send tweets between sessions.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
Professor of Psychology
Box 3055
John Brown University
2000 W. University Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu
(479)524-7295
http://tinyurl.com/DrFroman

Forwarding any part of this e-mail to the White House is strictly prohibited.