Refillable whiteboard markers: http://auspenmarkers.com/.   The markers
are pricey, but the refillable ink is not.  One ink bottle ($7.95) is
good for 40 refills, according to their website.   The ink is
xylene-free, which nixes the smell issue.

If you're worried about the markers walking off, carry them with you.
Auspen makes a handy carrying case for your markers and refills, making
it less likely that faculty will confuse a white board marker and a
permanent marker.

I haven't tried them, but they look like a good option.

For those who want to go the Wii route that Paul suggested, I offer
instructions in my Tech for Educators blog:
http://sfrantz.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/the-smartboard-alternative-for-4
0/.

Sue

--
Sue Frantz <http://flightline.highline.edu/sfrantz/>
Highline Community College

Office of Teaching Resources in Psychology, Associate Director

Teaching of Psychology Idea Exchange (ToPIX)

APA Division 2: Society for the Teaching of Psychology
<http://teachpsych.org/otrp/syllabi/syllabi.php>

APA's p...@cc Committee <http://www.apa.org/ed/pcue/ptatcchome.html>

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=1550
or send a blank email to