On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:09:11 -0700, Stephen Black wrote:
>[snip]
>Enough about Jews, already?

Wait, we haven't discussed the Kaifeng Jews, the Chinese Jews; see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaifeng_Jews

For a 1907 article on the "Chinese Jews" that appeared in the
"National Geographics", see:
http://www.haruth.com/JewsChina1907.html

Is Stephen Black being disrespectful towards Aisians by not giving
them equal time?   ;-)

And oh, for more on "Jewish Genes" here is a blog based on a 2000
article in a Proceedings of the National Academy of Scince:
http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48937817.html

Quoting from the blog's quote of the article:
|"Despite their long-term residence in different countries and
|isolation from one another, most Jewish populations were
|not significantly different from one another at the genetic level.
|The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools
|of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa and the
|Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern
|ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities
|have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish
|communities during and after the Diaspora."
|(M.F. Hammer, Proc. Nat'l Academy of Science, May 9, 2000)

But why don't we open it up to all known Jewish groups, as
represented in a Wikipedia entry (SDA); see"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ethnic_divisions

And what are we to make of Julius Lester? Oy Gewalt!
see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Lester

Well, as a Yeshiva student once told me during class where
we were having difficulty getting a consensus position on something:
"Look Prof, you get three Jews togethers, don't be surprised
that you get five opinions to deal with!"

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=1832
or send a blank email to
leave-1832-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu