Citing Survey Monkey, I think, depends on its use.

If you used Survey Monkey to collect the data, then I think you cite it
generally based on its main page (at least, that's how I'm doing it in an
article I'm currently writing which uses data collected using Survey Monkey).
If you used it as a source for some description about how to use online methods
to collect data or known problems or benefits of using online methods to
collect data, then I think you cite the specific page that describes that
information, just like citing any other web page that has citable information
on it.

In both cases a URL will be included and the company is the author so those
techniques as described in the APA Manual should do the trick.

Paul Bernhardt
Dept of Psychology
Frostburg State University
pcbernhardt _at_ frostburg _dot_ edu

On Apr 14, 2010, at 1:47 PM, DeVolder Carol L wrote:

> Hi Annette,
> I had a student cite Survey Monkey by including the URL and the date
> retrieved (he cited some statistics they present on their website) and use
> the URL in his reference list. I have no clue whether that’s correct, but it
> seemed sufficient to me.
> Carol
>

> Carol DeVolder, Ph.D.
> Professor of Psychology