A couple of editorial comments (unwanted I am sure but I don't care):

differentiating between the phallic and genital stage
Since there is very little validity or empirical support for Freud's
theoretical constructs of development and personality,
I would say that there is no need to waste precious class time on this
distinction m-
It helps the modern scientific psychologist not at all...
Let the English, Philosophy or History prof deal with it.

  -why a -7.0 correlation coefficient is more significant than a +5.0  There
are no such things as
a -7.0 correlation coefficient or a 5.0 one. All "r"s range between -1.00 and
+1.00

Nancy Melucci
Long Beach City College
Long Beach CA