I hate Powerpoint, but I love Keynote.

It isn't the tool, it is the way it is used.

The main problems with presentation software is, as is noted in the article
about the military's use of it, that it gives an appearance of understanding
and organization when it may not actually be the case, it 'linearizes' the
presentation process in a way that is not effective for some material and it
can create an even more passive classroom.

But,  those issues can be dealt with by thoughtful use of it.

I've learned that I have to continually fight against those 'attractors' in the
dynamic system of using presentation software to ensure my classroom time is
effective.

Paul Bernhardt
Dept of Psychology
Frostburg State University
pcbernhardt _at_ frostburg _dot_ edu

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Marc Carter wrote:

> Can resist...
>
> http://norvig.com/Gettysburg/sld001.htm
>

> I hate powerpoint.
>
> --