Must be a real sight when a student shuffled through his/her Necco wafers to
find the one with the crtical fact scrawled on it . . . and woe to the
hapless student who developed overly-sweaty hands from test anxiety!
(Remembering those Valentine message hearts with the runny print!)

Can't say this seems to be a very subtle strategy, although the "concept" is
creative and cute.

Regarding the question about using clickers to cheat, the only use I can
imagine is that some student is out in the hallway with a laptop and a radio
receiver for the clicker.  These devices transmit the student's answers by
radio signal to a receiving computer, which can record which answer the
student selected for each question.  I suppose a student outside might have
a 50-clicker-question power point with only the correct number of
alternatives for each question.  The student outside would then be able to
collect a record of how the student in the class answered each question (1 -
A, 2 - D, 3 - B, etc.).  Alas for the cheaters - radio transmission only
goes in one direction with these devices.  Synchronizing the advance of the
power point slides to successive questions properly during the test would be
tricky.  The clickers don't tell the student which question number he/she is
responding to.  And students can change his/her answer to any question by
pressing a different response on the clicker.  The data program will collect
polling.  So if the inside and outside student get out of synch, some
answers will appear as multiple responses to one question and the last
questions in the presentation might not have any answers at all.  As they
say in Hollywood - high concept, needs work.  :-)

Reminds me of the days when I graded MC tests manually by using a special
hole punch for hand-grading scantron sheets.  For a while I had a collection
of scantron chads in a little jar on my desk - the correct answers to all of
my test questions!  (my little sick joke at the time)

Claudia J. Stanny

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=2274
or send a blank email to
leave-2274-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu