From: William Scott [wsc...@wooster.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 8:03 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] Cloned authors

My father who was an attorney found someone with exactly the same name who was
a district attorney in Denver, but they never wrote a paper together. My wife
found out that there was someone with exactly the same name as hers in town who
was a bad person (fraud and missed rent payments) that led to our being
delivered with summons for a couple of years. So, even though we had a recent
thread of names that matched with research interests, I'm disinclined to
believe that the names led them into a research collaboration. Weird
coincidence that should have been avoided by one of them choosing to be known
as junior or esquire.

Bill Scott

>>> <sbl...@ubishops.ca> 05/05/10 5:54 PM >>>
http://tinyurl.com/Alan-W-Harris