*Clinical Neuroscience and Aging;  Quantitative Methods*

York University offers a world-class, modern, interdisciplinary academic
experience in Toronto, Canada's most multicultural city. York is at the
centre of innovation, with a thriving community of almost 60,000
faculty, staff and students who challenge the ordinary and deliver the
unexpected.

York University's Faculty of Health has an ambitious mission to be an
integrative force for promoting health and improving healthcare --
locally and globally. Our vision is to educate future global leaders who
will redefine and advance health and human science.
The Faculty consists of five integrated units encompassing: Health
Policy & Management; Kinesiology & Health Science; Nursing, Psychology,
and our Health Leadership and Learning Network for continuing education
and professional development. We have over 9,000 students and 400
faculty members. Our faculty members include world-renowned researchers,
educators and policy makers who are dedicated to inspiring our students
about the difference they can make in health promotion and health care.
Our 'classrooms' encompass laboratories, sport fields, clinics and
community settings. We provide a sophisticated system of academic
advising, enhanced classroom technology, experiential learning
opportunities and information about health related careers. Our
integrative research spans the continuum from the laboratory to the bed
side to the community. Internationally, we are collaborating with major
institutions in India, China, Africa and the Middle East.

All positions will commence July 1, 2011, and are subject to budgetary
approval.  Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and
experience.  Applications for all positions should be addressed to the
appropriate contact person and area co-ordinates specified under each
listing at: York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario,
Canada, M3J 1P3.  The successful candidates must be suitable for prompt
appointment to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.

Faculty of Health
Tenure-Track Positions
Department of Psychology
Clinical Neuroscience and Aging

The Department of Psychology invites applications for a full-time
tenure-stream appointment at the Assistant Professor level in Adult
Clinical Psychology for individuals with a particular expertise in
clinical neuroscience and aging.  Our Clinical Psychology program is
CPA- and APA-accredited.

The successful applicant will have a PhD in Psychology with a
specialization in any aspect of clinical neuroscience and aging and a
program of research investigating the neural underpinnings of the aging
process from a clinical perspective using fMRI as the primary approach.
An ideal candidate would have interests in healthy versus abnormal brain
aging and/or neurodegenerative disorders from a lifespan perspective.
Such an individual would provide a pivotal link between our clinical
psychology program and the growing neuroscience group at York University
as well as between the clinical psychology program and our hospital
partners affiliated with the Faculty of Health.

Applicants must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the
College of Psychologists of Ontario. Candidates should show excellence
or promise of excellence in teaching and in scholarly research and
publication. The position will involve research, undergraduate teaching,
as well as graduate teaching and clinical supervision of students. The
successful candidate will be expected to contribute to our recently
developed graduate diploma in Neuroscience and work collaboratively with
other faculty members engaged in neuroscience research within the
departments of Psychology, Kinesiology and Health Sciences and Biology.
York University has a large and expanding program in cognitive
neuroscience and it recently acquired a state-of-the art fMRI facility.

A letter of application with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a statement
of research and teaching interests, three reprints or preprints, three
letters of reference and teaching evaluations (if available) should be
sent, by December 1, 2010 to Chair, Clinical Neuroscience & Aging Search
Committee, Faculty of Health, Behavioural Science Bldg., Room 296,
psych...@yorku.ca.

Quantitative Methods

    The Department of Psychology invites applications for a full-time
tenure-stream appointment in quantitative methodology for psychological
research at the Assistant Professor level.

    The successful candidate will have a PhD in Psychology. Applicants
should have an ongoing program of research and specialize in one or more
of the following areas related to quantitative methods:
multilevel/hierarchical modeling, methods for brain imaging data,
structural equation modeling, measurement (e.g., item response theory),
non-parametric or robust methods, or methods for longitudinal data. In
addition to joining the existing quantitative faculty in the
department's 'Quantitative Methods' area, the successful candidate will
also have opportunities to collaborate with researchers in one or more
of the department's six other areas, namely 'Brain, Behaviour and
Cognitive Science', 'Clinical', 'Clinical-Developmental', 'Developmental
and Cognitive Processes', 'History and Theory', and 'Social-Personality'.

    Candidates should show excellence or promise of excellence in
teaching and in scholarly research and publication. The position will
involve graduate teaching and supervision as well as undergraduate
teaching and research.

    A letter of application with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a
statement of research and teaching interests, three reprints or
preprints, three letters of reference and teaching evaluations (if
available) should be sent by December 1, 2010 to: Chair, Quantitative
Methods Search Committee, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health,
Behavioural Science Bldg., Room 296, psych...@yorku.ca.

York University is an Affirmative Action Employer. The Affirmative
Action Program can be found on York's website at www.yorku.ca/acadjobs
or a copy can be obtained by calling the affirmative action office at
416-736-5713. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however,
Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=4325
or send a blank email to
leave-4325-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu