Not referring to an Abbot and Costello flick, but I saw a program on Jane
Goodall where she saw chimps use sticks to fetch ants from an ant hill.She was
fascinated by their tool utilization and alerted the scientific community who
initially remained skeptical. However ,when I was at Wichita  State in the
early 1970s,I knew a prof at WSU
by he name of Neil Pronko who published a text of articles in a work titled
PANORAMA
OF PSYCHOLOGY where he had a piece on monkeys on a Pacific island
that washed potatoes before eating them.
For monkeys to wash potatoes before eating them certainly implies higher
cognitive function. I  do not remember the time line for the both of those
animal observations.
Anyway why were Goodall's chimps  eating ants? Ain't those Bozo types
vegetarian?

Michael "omnicentric" Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

---