Hmmm...I'm not sure why the camera needs to be surgically implanted, so
maybe there's more behind this than is indicated in the story. He's not
feeding these images into any bigger database, is he?

Also, I'm not sure about Fred Ritchin's response that "Obviously you donĀ¹t
want students to be under the burden of constant surveillance." Well, ok,
maybe Bilal ought to turn the camera off when he goes to the rest room. And
not visit dorm rooms or other private areas with the camera on. But if we
think about all of the surveillance cameras out there in public places, this
just does not seem to me to be a big deal.

John
--
John Serafin
Psychology Department

> From: Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu>
> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:45:56 -0500
> To: TIPS posts <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
> Cc: Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu>
> Subject: [tips] NYU Faculty First In "Backward Looking" Technology!
>
> I can tell you from personal experience that NYU has some
> "eccentric" people on the faculty but this really beats them all:
> http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/11/18/16202696.html
>
> For those who choose not to link-through (it is, after all, to
> the Toronto Sun newspaper website), here is a summary:
>
> A professor of photography at NYU's Tisch's School of the
> Arts (where all the creative-artistic-corporate folks are) is
> having a camera installed into the back of his head which
> will wireless tranmit images.
>
> There is some discussion about how students will feel when the
> professor is writing on the whiteboard.
>
> I kid you not.
>
> -Mike Palij
> New York University (yeah, *that* NYU)