From: Bourgeois, Dr. Martin [mbour...@fgcu.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 7:48 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: Re:[tips] Alcock on Bem

I find it interesting that Bem didn't address what I see as the three most
serious criticisms of his research: that he advocates (and presumably
practices) changing his hypotheses after looking at his data, that he used
one-tailed tests to examine controversial predictions, and that he created
two-item, ad hoc measures of constructs for which we already have
well-validated measures (indeed, he selected his items from these validated
measures).