From: Lilienfeld, Scott O [mailto:slil...@emory.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 7:57 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: Re:[tips] Alcock on Bem

Yes, the Wagenmakers et al. reply, which is now in press at JPSP (I can no
longre recall if that piece circulated arouund the TIPS listserv - I've been
following so many Bem discussions on so many listservs that I've lost track),
makes this point very forcefully - basically arguing that Bem consistently
presents exploratory research (post hoc fishing expeditions) as confimratory.
I liked their reply a lot, BTW, and would recommend it highly to those more
interested in this issue.  It's available here:

http://www.ruudwetzels.com/articles/Wagenmakersetal_subm.pdf

   Again, apologies if someone had already sent this link (I need to work on
fine-tuning my precognitive powers...).

....Scott

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=8243
or send a blank email to