Rick - BTW, we nominate a baker's dozen of such findings in our book's
concluding chapter.

....Scott

From: Rick Froman [mailto:rfro...@jbu.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 10:51 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Plausible or confirmed psychological myths

In order to complement Lilienfeld, Lynn, Ruscio and Beverstein's 50 Great Myths
of Popular Psychology, does anyone have any nominees for the 50 most surprising
or counterintuitive (or even, intuitive but supported by empirical science)
findings of psychology? Mythbusting can get old (and predictable) if it isn't
spiced up with the occasional outcome confirming (or at least finding
plausible) some common beliefs about human nature and behavior.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences Box 3055
x7295
rfro...@jbu.edu
http://tinyurl.com/DrFroman

Proverbs 14:15 "A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought
to his steps."

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
slil...@emory.edu<mailto:slil...@emory.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9b2f&n=T&l=tips&o=8271

leave-8271-13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-8271-13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>