From: Carol DeVolder [mailto:devoldercar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 3:57
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] Novel way to increase condom use

Darn. Where was this study last year when I needed it ?! I had some students
who wanted to see if being in a stinky room resulted in people rating pictures
of faces significantly lower than did people in a pleasant-smelling room. They
used peppermint for the pleasant smell and after searching high and low,
settled on Limburger cheese (in a candle warmer) for the bad-smelling
environment. The good thing was that I learned that Limburger cheese smells
like stinky feet because it has the same bacteria in it that make feet stink.
Liquid Ass would have been much simpler and easier to control. I don't want to
know the fragrant ingredients either.
Carol

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:55 AM,