In responding to foma, Mike Palij claims to be creating more. I agree
with the first characterization but disagree with the latter.

>"I think there are "survivable mistakes" and "nonsurvivable mistakes"<
followed by some good allusions to zen and descriptions of flow states.

I'd like to add some zen and some science.

A koan:
Zen Master Shenshan was crossing a river with his dharma brother
Dongshan. Dongshan said, “Don’t make a mistake with your steps and slip
into the current.” Shenshan said, “If I make a mistake with my steps,
then I won’t live to cross the river.” Dongshan said, “What is the state
without mistakes? ”Shenshan said, “Now I’m crossing the river with the
Elder."

Roshi John Daido Loori summarizes this lesson as "the
state-of-no-mistakes is the state of nowness"

Some science:
Paper published July 2009 in Neuron by Miller, Histed and Pasupasy
summarized at:
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2009/successes-0729.html

"If you've ever felt doomed to repeat your mistakes, researchers at
MIT's Picower Institute for Learning and Memory may have explained why:
Brain cells may only learn from experience when we do something right
and not when we fail."

Bill Scott

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=9906
or send a blank email to