Just as a PS to Miguel's post, I don't want anyone to get the idea that
only nations such as Russia and the Eastern European bloc use
psychiatric diagnosis and treatment as a form of political repression.
>From my experience as a hospital corpsman in the Navy, I can assure
you that "trouble makers" were often sent to see the hospital
psychiatrist and often was given a psychiatric diagnosis because they
were trouble makers.  It isn't uncommon for other areas of our
government to do the same.